This is an analysis of the poem Lambkin Mine that begins with:
Kille, kille, lambkin mine,
Though it often be hard to climb...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AXXX AabbXAabb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11101 10100101 1001100 1011110 11101 10101111 1011010 1011110 11101 11101111 1111010 10010110
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 123
- Average number of words per stanza: 22
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Lambkin Mine;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.