This is an analysis of the poem Frida that begins with:
Frida, I knew that thy life-years were counted.
If but before thee a lifting thought mounted,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabb ccdd XXee ffXX cccc eXdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10111110010 01011010110 10111110010 111010 11111010010 11010110010 11010010110 110010 10110110110 11111110011 10111110010 011010 11110010110 10111010010 10110110010 10110 11010010110 11110110110 10110110010 011110 11111111110 10010010010 11110110110 111110
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 164
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in, thy are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines it, gladness are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Frida;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.