This is an analysis of the poem Alone And Repentant that begins with:
A friend I possess, whose whispers just said,
"God's peace!" to my night-watching mind....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaa bcbc dede fgfg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0110111011 10100011101 1110111011 1100111 1101101101 11111101 1100101101 1111101 1110101101 1100101 11001011001 0111101 1101101111 100101001 1111111111 01111101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 165
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, he are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word he is repeated.
The author used the same word he at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Alone And Repentant;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.