This is an analysis of the poem Nightclub that begins with:
You are so beautiful and I am a fool
to be in love with you...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbXcdaefgaXah cchicjXdiihchgbik fjkkilXeeiXldlj
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,17,15,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110011101 000101 00111101 01110 11001111010 111011001 111100 11101000101 101010110 1010101101 111100111101 00101111 1110100101100 1110101101 111100100101 1110001010 1111101 01011101100 111101 011110100101 1111010101010 011010010 1110100011 1110010 1001001110 011010010 10111 10101000010 10001001 110011001 10101000101 110101010 10111 111010011 010011101001 01001100101 1100110101 1110001001 110100101 111111 111011011 11000011101 111110 11111101110 1110 11011000110100
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 550
- Average number of words per stanza: 106
- Amount of lines: 46
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, my are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words i, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Nightclub;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.