This is an analysis of the poem Cemetery that begins with:
Who whispers here is forgotten.
Saliva's emptiest fruit...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X abXXX Xbccb ccXXaXba
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,5,5,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010010 100101 0101 110011 00100 010 111 101111 0100101 1110100 110 100100 111 01110 0010100 1011 11011 0110011 1101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 101
- Average number of words per stanza: 18
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 21 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Cemetery;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.