This is an analysis of the poem 2 Futilists that begins with:
Even if the mountain I climbed
Proved to be merely a duncecap It...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXX XcbXdX XacdbX XeebXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10001011 1001001000 11011001 111011 010101 111010 1010110 11100 101101 1111 01101100 10101 11110 110010 01011 10001 010101 11011 111 111 01110 1101110
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 103
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 23
- Average number of symbols per line: 22 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of 2 Futilists;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.