This is an analysis of the poem Questions From A Worker Who Reads that begins with:
Who built Thebes of the seven gates?
In the books you will find the names of kings....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXcbXcddXacb efbd eXXc XbfXXab
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 13,4,4,7,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11100101 0011010101 001110101 1101101010 110111010110 011001000101 1010101010110 0010111 0100101010100101 001010101001101 1010010010010010010 01010010 01011111 01101010100 1101 10101 0111100101 1001110010 1111010101 1000101010111 110 10010100 11011010 10010011 1101 11001 11010
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 197
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 27
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words the, so are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Questions From A Worker Who Reads;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Bertolt Brecht
- Analysis of From A German War Primer
- Analysis of The Tattered Cord (Der Abgerissen Strick, Translation With Original German)
- Analysis of When I'D Reported To The Couple, Thus