This is an analysis of the poem Varner Til Maria that begins with:
Du, som svøbt i Skjønheds Rosenklæde,
Gaaer i jordisk Dragt en himmelsk Aand,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0111110 111011101 01110101 1111110111 11101111 10110111 1111111 101111 1011101 11101011 11110110 11110011 11011110 1011111 101110001 101111 1011110 1110111 111111100 10101111 11111101 11101110 10111101 101111 101111 11111111 11110111 1111111 101111100 1110111 11110010 101110 11111100 1111111100 1111111 11110001 101101011 111011111 1111111 101111
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 272
- Average number of words per stanza: 55
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, det, den, dette are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words ingen, dette are repeated.
The author used the same word kan at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Varner Til Maria;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.