This is an analysis of the poem Glade Jul that begins with:
Glade Jul! — deilige Jul!
Engle flagre bag Sky i Skjul -...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXX XXXXa XXXXa bbXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11101 1011111 10111100 110111101 110101 100101 10101101 100101101 101101101 1001001 111111 10001011 10111011 1111001010 1001001 101101 10100111 1011111 11111101 1111111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 163
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Glade Jul;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.