This is an analysis of the poem Felttoget I Orienten that begins with:
Før fulgte jeg Carolus ved Elben og ved Rin:
Han døbte Hedninghære med Mester Alcuin....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XX XX XX XX XX aX XX XX XX Xa XX Xa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111100110111 111011010 1111111111 11011101001 1101110110001 11111011011 1111101111 11011100011 01100011011 011101011 1101010111101 1101101111 111101011111 11011011111 11100011011 110111110111 10011010011 10011011011 11011011111 111111011 11111111111 1101101101 1101101011 11111011011
- Amount of stanzas: 12
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 93
- Average number of words per stanza: 18
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 46 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; jeg, vi, med, til are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word de is repeated.
The author used the same words vi, det at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines r, nd are repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Felttoget I Orienten;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Bernhard Severin Ingemann
- Analysis of Festen Paa Avalun
- Analysis of Foraarssang
- Analysis of Fra Timen, Livets Gud Os Sammenførte