This is an analysis of the poem Afskeden that begins with:
Ved Tiberbroen paa romersk Vei
I vaarfrisk Morgen jeg staaer....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XaXX XXXX aXXX XXXb XXXX ccXX bXXX XXXX XXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11001101 1101011 0110111 110111 10101100 1101101 10010111 111100 11010111111 1111011 1101011 1101111 111101111 1100101 111011110 10011010 10101111 011101 11110001 111111 100101101 100101 100111010 1101101 1001101 100110 10011100 1101101 01011101 110011 111011010 1011101 1100111 110111 11011101 1101100 1111011 1100111 11111011 110111
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 126
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 40
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; de, jeg, med, farvel, du are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words jeg, farvel are repeated.
The author used the same word farvel at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Afskeden;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Bernhard Severin Ingemann
- Analysis of Børnenes Sang Til Storken
- Analysis of Anelsen I Guder-Lunden
- Analysis of Aftensang For Børn