This is an analysis of the poem A Neighbours Tears that begins with:
O heighth! o Depthe! upon my bended knees
Who dare Expound these Wondrous Mysteries:... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaXbbbbbbcdbbddddbbaaddXXdc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 28,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 1111011101 1101110100 1011010111 10111010100 1111011101 1101110101 1101011100 1101111001 01110010110 11111111010 1001010100 1111011111 1011110100 1101110101 1101011101 0011011011 11110001111 1101110011 01010011001 1110011111 1101000101 1100010101 1111011101 1101110101 10100100101 11110011010 1111011101 1111010100
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1200
- Average number of words per stanza: 222
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, to are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Neighbours Tears;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.