This is an analysis of the poem The Benefit Of Going To Law that begins with:
Two beggars traveling along,
One blind, the other lame. ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XababcXcdedeXfdfggbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 20,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010001 110101 11110101 011111 01011111 010101 11010111 110101 01010101 110101 01111101 1101101 11100101 110101 11011101 110011 11010101 01010101 01110111 01000101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 641
- Average number of words per stanza: 119
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Benefit Of Going To Law;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.