This is an analysis of the poem Unfolding The Flocks that begins with:
Shepherds, rise, and shake off sleep -
See the blushing morn doth peep... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccddeeeefffff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 17,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011111 1010111 1110101 0010111 1010101 0010111 1000101 1110111 1110101 1111111 0010111 1010111 1110111 010110001 1110111 10011001 1011101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 552
- Average number of words per stanza: 99
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Unfolding The Flocks;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Beaumont and Fletcher
- Analysis of Poet's Mood
- Analysis of Song - Shake Off Your Heavy Trance
- Analysis of Folding The Flocks