This is an analysis of the poem Peach-Blossom that begins with:
Nightly the hoar-frost freezes
The young grass of the field,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababccXddXeeceec XbabffeXXeaaegge
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,16,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1001110 011001 1111010 0100101 111101 0101001 1100101 0100111 0010101 0110111 0110101 1101001 100101 001001101 11000101 10101001 01101010 1010111 010110010 100111 101111 00110101 10111001 1001000 11111 1010101 10101010 110111 100111 101101 10001101 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 475
- Average number of words per stanza: 88
- Amount of lines: 32
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Peach-Blossom;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.