This is an analysis of the poem Wallabi Joe that begins with:
The saddle was hung on the stockyard rail,
And the poor old horse stood whisking his tail,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabXccdd bddXX eedd ffggbbbXXddffccbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,5,4,17,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 0101110111 1011111001 111011101001 1100101000 10101111101 11001011001 1010111101 110110111 1111001 101001001011 10110111111 1111111101 111111111100 1101111001 110010011 1111001001 011010011 11011111 11100100101 1101111101 111011001101 111111001011 11110100111 101011111101 10111010110010 1101111111 010001011011 10111001001 0110100101 11101011001 1110100111 01010100101 101001011001
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 289
- Average number of words per stanza: 59
- Amount of lines: 34
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; my, he, his, as are repeated.
The author used the same word now at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word joe at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Wallabi Joe;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.