This is an analysis of the poem Tar And Feathers that begins with:
Oh! the circus swooped down
On the Narrabri town, ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabccXdXeffg aabXeX dXhhhh iieccX ffXXXg XXjeej
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,6,6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101011 101001 10100100101 101011 101101 0110100100 101001 10100100 1010110101 10101 001101 10111100100 111001 1001010 11101100101 110010 111011 10100100100 101001 111010 11101011001 11001 101001 1111111101 111011 101001 11100101101 011111 101001 0101000100 11101 101001 11100101000 101001 11000010 1100100100 1010100 111101 11101001011 101001 11111 1010010111100
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 221
- Average number of words per stanza: 39
- Amount of lines: 42
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in, him, he, and are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Tar And Feathers;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.