This is an analysis of the poem Another Fall Of Rain that begins with:
The weather had been sultry for a fortnight's time or more,
And the shearers had been driving might and main,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab bbcb XbXb dbdb XcXb ebebXbbab
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 01010101010111 10101010111 11110100111001 1111010101 101010101010100 10101010001 1010111010111 0111010101 01110101010011 11101110001 10011101011101 0111010101 1010101010101001 101110101001 111010100010111 11101010001 1111110111001 11101110101 1111010111101 1111010101 11010101010101 10101010001 111010101011101 1101010101 101110101011111 10101111001 010001110111 10101011101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 209
- Average number of words per stanza: 40
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 51 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 10
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; had, for, and, some are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words for, and are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word rain at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Another Fall Of Rain;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.