This is an analysis of the poem Winter Night that begins with:
My house is poor; those that I love have left me;
My body is sick; I cannot join the feast.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabccaddeXXeXXbe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 11011111111 11001110101 10101010111 11101101101 1101100101 110101101111 1110111101 01110111 111101000111 11111111101 01111010101100 1111010100 1111101001 101011101 110011100 111011101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 699
- Average number of words per stanza: 138
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; my, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word my is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Winter Night;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.