This is an analysis of the poem A Suggestion To My Friend, Liu. that begins with:
There's a gleam of green in an old bottle,
There's a stir of red in the quiet stove, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010101110 1010100101 10100100111 101010101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 169
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 4
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 9
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; of, there's, in are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word there's is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Suggestion To My Friend, Liu.;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Bai Juyi
- Analysis of A Foresaken Garden
- Analysis of Autumn Thoughts, Sent Far Away
- Analysis of A Song Of The Palace.