This is an analysis of the poem The Cloud Of Fate that begins with:
Peaceful wealth, or painful toil,
Chance of war, or civil broil,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccdd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1011101 1011101 1111101 1011101 1110101 10110101 1010101 0010001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 248
- Average number of words per stanza: 42
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; or is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Cloud Of Fate;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.