This is an analysis of the poem Two People Eat Honey that begins with:
Beyond the window the moon may be in riot
With the winter night. But your voice having ceased...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXaabcbXdadceXe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 010100110010 00101111101 00111011000 01001001101 1111010110 1101010101 011001010010 001010011 110111111010 110111111 0111011101 010010011111 011010101110 111001101 111001011011 110101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 697
- Average number of words per stanza: 125
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; your is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Two People Eat Honey;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.