This is an analysis of the poem The Song of the Germans that begins with:
Germany, Germany above all,
Above everything in the world, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AbXcadAb EFbfcfEF GbdbGhhb XCDXXadCD XFXfXfXF DXXbDXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,8,9,8,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100100011 01101001 1111010 11010110 0010010 001001 100100011 011001 101010100 1011101 101001 11101 00110101 1111 101010100 1011101 10011110 1010101 111111 01010111 10011110 100101100 10010100 110101 11110 101011 11011 1111111 10100 11111110 1111111 101011 11011 1111 1011101 10011100 101011 11101100 1010101 1111 1011101 10011111 111100 1011110 10111111 10011111 111100 111101 110100
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 290
- Average number of words per stanza: 49
- Amount of lines: 50
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; german, and, deutsche, und are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words from, german, bloom, von, bl are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines happiness is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Song of the Germans;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.