This is an analysis of the poem Senhora, Eu Trajo O Luto Do Passado that begins with:
Senhora, eu trajo o luto do passado,
Este luto sem fim que é o meu Calvário... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXX XXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1001101101100 1101111110 11011010011 100111000 101001110000 1101110100 11001101000 11011100111000 11101010100 11011011000 111001001110 11101011100 1010100100 1011001010010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 126
- Average number of words per stanza: 24
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 29 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; e, o, n are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines rio is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of Senhora, Eu Trajo O Luto Do Passado;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.