This is an analysis of the poem A Árvore Da Serra that begins with:
As árvores, meu filho, não têm alma!
E esta árvore me serve de empecilho... ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXa XXXX Xaa XXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1101101110 11011101000 100111110 101110101010 110111111111100 1111101011010 11101101100 10111010100 1110011101000 110110101110 110011000110 1110101010 11111101110 110111100110
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 141
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; o is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of A Árvore Da Serra;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.