This is an analysis of the poem The Unloved that begins with:
These are the women whom no man has loved.
Year after year, day after day has moved.... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccddeeeeffbbbXeeccffgghhbXeeggiieejjffe ekkll
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 43,5,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 1101011111 1101110111 1101010101 1010110100 0101010101 1111111100 01011011010 111010101010 1011101001 0111010101 1110110001 0101011101 1101010011 11111101001 11010101010 11010111010 1001010100 10100010100 0101110101 1100010001 0101010100 1101010101 01111010101 1111110011 100110111101 1111010001 1001010101 1111010001 0001010101 1001010111 0101010111 010010101001 0101110111 11010010101 101000111000 1011011101 0101010011 11111100001 11010110001 1101000101 1111011001 1101000101 0100010011 0001110101 00111110101 0011011101 1011110100 0100010100
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 1045
- Average number of words per stanza: 190
- Amount of lines: 48
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; with, and, have, of are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Unloved;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.