This is an analysis of the poem On The Stage that begins with:
Lights, in a multi-coloured mist,
From indigo to amethyst,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccb XXddeed
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic tetrameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 10010101 01010100 0101010101 110111 1101010111 110101 1111111111 11001111 01000101 1101010111 011101 0101011001 111100 1100110011
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 236
- Average number of words per stanza: 45
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, then are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of On The Stage;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.