This is an analysis of the poem Nora On The Pavement that begins with:
As Nora on the pavement
Dances, and she entrances the grey hour... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbca dXbed cffbc cggec hiiXhXhaaeh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,11,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101010 10111000110 00010100010 010100010 11010101110 1001010 10010110101 1100010100 110101110 011101001010 1100110 1011110001 01001111101 010111100 001101010010 1111110 1011010101 01010101101 11010110 11111101110 0001010 1111111101 1100011001 110111000 01111101010 0001010 10111101001 1101000101 100101101010 01110001010
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 193
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
The author used the same word it at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines nora is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word nora at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Nora On The Pavement;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.