This is an analysis of the poem Love's Secret that begins with:
As a most happy mother feels the stir
Of that new life which quickens with her life,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXaXXbbbbcdcd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1011010101 0111110001 1111011100 0101000101 110111011 0110000100 110100100101 11011100001 1101110101 0011010011 11110100111 01111100101 1101010111 1111110111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 596
- Average number of words per stanza: 111
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, too are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Love's Secret;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.