This is an analysis of the poem Cats that begins with:
Cats no less liquid than their shadows
Offer no angles to the wind....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABab cdad Xece XbAB Xc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,2,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 111101111 10110001 110101111 11010101 011111010 01010101 010101010 11110101 110100110 10011001 011111010 01010011 010011110 1011111 111101111 10110001 01011010
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 119
- Average number of words per stanza: 20
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Cats;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.