This is an analysis of the poem Black Morning Lovesong that begins with:
In love's dances, in love's dances
One retreats and one advances, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccXddddd bbbbee bbXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,6,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01100110 10111010 11101110 11100110 11101010 11011010 10110100 10101010 10101010 10101010 10100110 10101010 10101110 10101010 10111110 10111110 10101010 10111110 11101010 10101010 1010001001 110101010
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 252
- Average number of words per stanza: 42
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; one, and, finds, no are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words one, and are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Black Morning Lovesong;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.