This is an analysis of the poem Attack On The Ad-Man that begins with:
This trumpeter of nothingness, employed
To keep our reason dull and null and void....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccddee eeeXffgg hhhhiijjhX kkllkkhhmm
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,8,10,10,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 0100010001 0111011111 0101111101 0101010111 1011010101 1111010101 0101110101 0111000111 1101110101 0101110101 01110010101 1101110001 1101110101 11010101100 0101011111 1001010101 1001010011 1001010101 1101110111 1011111111 1100100111 1101010101 11010110001 0011011011 11010101010 11000111010 11010101010 110010111010 1101100101 1101011101 11011101110 110100001010 1111010101 11001001001 01011101010 11011111110 1101011101 1111110111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 411
- Average number of words per stanza: 74
- Amount of lines: 38
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, of, to, his, we are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word to is repeated.
The author used the same words this, he at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Attack On The Ad-Man;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.