This is an analysis of the poem Ruts that begins with:
To the right the summer dawn
wakes the leaves and the mists ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabacd dXcaccX XcXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,7,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0010101 101101 10100010001 10111 10110011 010110011 101010110110 0100010111110 0010010010101010 110111110101 1001100101001 11010100110101 101011110010100 101010110100 10011111 1001001 011111
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 239
- Average number of words per stanza: 41
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 41 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word and is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Ruts;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.