This is an analysis of the poem On The Plains that begins with:
ALONE with the silence, the sun and sky,
Full length on the tussocky plain I lie: ... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccddeebbffaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 16,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: heroic couplets
- Metre: 0100100111 1110100111 1100100101 1101101111 1101100101 0101100111 1100100111 0101100101 110010111 1010101101 10110100101 0110110111 1101101111 111111111 1101100111 1110100111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 717
- Average number of words per stanza: 128
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 44 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of On The Plains;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.