This is an analysis of the poem Cut The Grass that begins with:
The wonderful workings of the world: wonderful,
wonderful: I'm surprised half the time:...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abc Xddeba eXX XfXfXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,6,3,6,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 010010001100 100001101 1111100101 010110001000 011011110101 010111101 11001001011 1100110010111 111001110 11110101011 000111011000 110101001111 10100100101111 100101000010 10110111010010 01101101101 01101010100011 11100010001001
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 207
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; wonderful is repeated.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase wonderful connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Cut The Grass;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.