This is an analysis of the poem The Clearer Self that begins with:
Before me grew the human soul,
And after I am dead and gone,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abab bbbb cdcd cece aXaf fgfg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 01110101 11011111 11010101 010011111 11000101 11010111 11011001 01010101 110101001 010010001 11000101 01000111 01100101 0101010010 11001111 010101110 110101001 010101010 11011101 11010001 11010101 01110100 01000111 01010101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 136
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, to, from are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word the is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Clearer Self;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.