This is an analysis of the poem Song : 'Love Armed' that begins with:
Love in fantastic triumph sat,
Whilst bleeding hearts around him flow'd,... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abaXcbcb dedfbebf
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10010101 11010111 11111001 1110010110 011111010 11010111 110111010 0100101001 01110111 01011100 01010011 110010101 11110111 11110100 11110101 11010011
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 320
- Average number of words per stanza: 53
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 39 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; he, and, from, his are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word from is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Song : 'Love Armed';
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.