This is an analysis of the poem Epitaph On The Tombstone Of A Child that begins with:
This Little, Silent, Gloomy Monument,
Contains all that was sweet and innocent ;... full text
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aabbccccddeeff
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 14,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 0101010100 0111111100 01010110101 0111010101 1111010101 1101000101 10110010111 1101010101 1111001111 1101011001 010110101110 11110101010 1101010101 1111010111
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 654
- Average number of words per stanza: 107
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 46 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Epitaph On The Tombstone Of A Child;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.