This is an analysis of the poem Guadarrama that begins with:
Guadarrama, is it you, old friend,
mountains white and gray...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXabXbX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0001000111 10111 11101100101 11010011001 11101 1111001 010100010101 1100110011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 284
- Average number of words per stanza: 51
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; your is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Guadarrama;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Antonio Machado
- Analysis of Songs Of The High Country
- Analysis of Passageways
- Analysis of Has My Heart Gone To Sleep?