This is an analysis of the poem Anoche Cuando Dormía that begins with:
Anoche cuando dormía
soñé, ¡bendita ilusión!, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXXXXaXXXaXXXXXXXaXXXXXXXaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 28,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101010 1100100 1100101 100110 1111001000 1010101 10001010 01101 101010 1100100 11010010 100110 1111100100 10100011 1111100010 1010111 101010 1100100 1110110 100110 1010110 10001010 110111000 111010 101010 1100100 110101110 100110
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 687
- Average number of words per stanza: 127
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; porque is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word y is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Anoche Cuando Dormía;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.