This is an analysis of the poem Wolken that begins with:
O, weiße Wolken, die ihr hoch im Blauen
Windhingewiegt wie seidne Flocken schwebt,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXXX XXX XXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 111011111 100011101 1011111110 1101010110 1101101110 1110010110 11101011 1111011100 111111101 1101011100 111101111111 111011110 111111110 1101011101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 151
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 42 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; die is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Wolken;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.