This is an analysis of the poem Vorfrühling that begins with:
Seit Tagen wühlt im Wald der Föhn
Und wirkt der Erde Lustgestöhn,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXX XXX XXX Xaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011111 111110 11010111 100100 1001111 1100010 1110100 11110010 111111 11011100 1100101 110111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 95
- Average number of words per stanza: 16
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; hn, und are repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines hn is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word hn at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Vorfrühling;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.