This is an analysis of the poem Nachtandacht that begins with:
Bleicher Mond, du stiller Beter,
Send' mir deiner Andacht Hauch,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXA XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XaXA
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101010 1110101 11011001 0110101 01011100 1101101 11101100 1010001 1011111 101100 0110100 1010101 111010 111110110 110110 1110101 10111100 1110100 10101100 1101101 1010010 1110101 11011001 0110101
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 122
- Average number of words per stanza: 21
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; du is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word wo is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Nachtandacht;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.