This is an analysis of the poem Mai that begins with:
In allen Gärten blüht der Mai,
Die Sonne steht in seinem Solde,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX aXaX XXXX XXXX aXXaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,4,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0101111 1110101 11011100 11101101 11010011 1111100100 110111 1100100 1011101 01010100 1111101 101101100 1110111 11111010 1011100 10111010 1110111 111111010 10101001 1101111 11011100
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 139
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; in, den, du are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Mai;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.