This is an analysis of the poem Komm, Die Dämm´rung Sinkt Hernieder... that begins with:
Komm, die Dämm'rung sinkt hernieder,
Graulich flackert's im Kamin —...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabXXXaXXXXX XXbXXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111100 1010110 10111010 11111 1101100 101101 10100010 1111001 1110100 1110110 111010 11111 1111100 111111 11111010 1111111 11111100 1111001 11110100 111110
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 322
- Average number of words per stanza: 56
- Amount of lines: 20
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; die is repeated.
The author used the same word komm at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Komm, Die Dämm´rung Sinkt Hernieder...;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.