This is an analysis of the poem Über Den Wellen that begins with:
„Neckst du mich, kleiner Schelm,
mit dem Muschelhelm...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaXXXXXX XXbXXbXX XXaaXXXXb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,8,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101101 1111100 11101 1111100 11111 11101 1111 11101 11101111 1111 11100 11101 111 11100 11111 1 11111110 10101110 11001000 11111001111 1101001101 1101100 0110101000 111111 1111 1110
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 217
- Average number of words per stanza: 39
- Amount of lines: 26
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; dem is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines umt is repeated).
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Über Den Wellen;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.