This is an analysis of the poem Vaso Grego that begins with:
Esta de áureos relevos, trabalhada
De divas mãos, brilhante copa, um dia,...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X a X X X X X X a X X a X X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic pentameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 100101001000 01011010110 101101010100 1011000110110 101100111100 10110100101000 01010110110 1001010100 10111011010 10011100100000110 101011010011 1001111110010 10100010110 11110101001
- Amount of stanzas: 16
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 32
- Average number of words per stanza: 7
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; de, o are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Vaso Grego;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.