This is an analysis of the poem Seus Olhos that begins with:
Seus olhos tão negros, tão belos, tão puros,
De vivo luzir, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXX XXaXX XXXX XXXXX XBXX XXXXX XXXX XXXXb XXXX XXaXX XBXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,5,4,5,4,5,4,5,4,5,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110010010010 01010 100100111100 111110 110010010010 110010 1110101111010 01100111010 1000100 110010010010 01010 11010010100 100010 110100100100 110100 100100100100 1101100101100 11010 110010010010 1011 110100100100 11010 11011100010 01010 101110111110 11100101110100 11010 101001111100 100010 1101100100110 110010 1100101101011 11011 110100101001 110100101111 010111 110100110100 1110 110110110110 11011 110110010010 01010 1101100010100 110010011010 11010 110010010010 1011 11010101100100 11010
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 141
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 49
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; o, t, mais, doce, que, s, vezes are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words com, s are repeated.
The author used the same word seus at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Seus Olhos;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.