This is an analysis of the poem Midnight Special that begins with:
If you evah go to Houston,
You better walk right; ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbdade CFCF Xgcgcaba CFCF XdhXeehXXCFCF
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,4,8,4,13,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01101010 11011 110110 111011 1100011 110111 110101 11111 1101110 10111 101110 101010111 1001110 10111 110010 10111 11010 10111 1101010 110001 1101110 10111 101110 101010111 101110 11111 110101010 101111 11101 1010001 11011010 1111110 1101110 10111 101110 101010111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 161
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 26 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, better are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word you is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Midnight Special;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.