This is an analysis of the poem The Convicts Rum Song that begins with:
Cut yer name across me backbone
Stretch me skin across a drum ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XaXa XaXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11101111 1110101 101101010 0011101 10111010 1010101 10101010 0110111
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 122
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; me is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of The Convicts Rum Song;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.